Sunday 22 August 2010

Fancy dress. Need I say more?

I don't know about you, but I have always had a whale of a time dressing up. And I don't mean any old dressing up. I mean FANCY DRESS.

Those two words can either leave people quaking in their boots with anxiety, so excited they start thinking about it straight away or disgusted. The latter are people who take themselves way too seriously and should think about seeing a hypnotist to unleash their inner child.

My inner child, however, is out and skipping happily down the road with a bright smile on it's chubby little face. The fact is, that most of my friends love looking like utter fools, and I love dressing myself up like the Barbie dolls of my youth.

In September I am going to a Fancy Dress party where the theme is Nursery Rhymes and Children's book characters. When I read this you could probably see the light bulb hovering over my head, flashing furiously.

I had hundreds of ideas. Miss Muffet, Goldilocks, Mary with her little lamb, The Snow Queen, Dorothy, Gretel, Wendy from Peter Pan. The list goes on. And I haven't even started mentioning the generous amount of princesses I could add to the list. Fairy tales are my speciality when it comes to stories, so I know them all. Or nearly all of them, anyway.

In the end I was saved from what would surely become an epic quest for the right character by my boyfriend's sister, who had decided to come as Alice in Wonderland and wanted a few of us to join her in this theme. I think I narrowly escaped being Tweedle Dee due to my twinness. Stacey and I decided to be the red and white queens retrospectively.

The other fancy dress party I have been invited to is a Halloween party. My costume is still a mystery to me. Last year I went as 'Little Dead Riding Hood'. I had made my own cape, which took a lot of time and effort, and I decided to have huge lipstick gashes on me from where the wolf had clawed me. It was pretty effective.

So, to conclude this blog, I will try to find a few super awesome fancy dress things that I have been. Prepare to be impressed:

This is me as red riding hood



As Luna Lovegood for a Harry Potter Party



As a Cowgirl



And finally as a prostitute for a 'Pimps and Hoes' party, together with a few of my friends



There are plenty more things I have been, notably witches and whatnot for Halloween as it's always been a great time to dress up. Maybe this Halloween i'll be something a bit more original.

No comments:

Post a Comment